Karen JohnstonExecutive Director
Karen Johnston joined Tasks Unlimited as its executive director in 2009, bringing over 25 years of experience in mental health leadership to the position. Prior to coming to Tasks Unlimited, Karen was deputy director and later CEO for PORT in Brainerd, MN, providing residential services and other resources for at-risk teens. She has also served as program director and director of residential services for Hecla Inc., and as director of administration for the Initiative Foundation.
Heather SimonChief Financial Officer
Heather Simon joined the Tasks Unlimited finance team in 2005, and took the position of chief financial officer in 2008 In this role, Heather is responsible for oversight of all the organization's financials. Previously to working at Tasks Unlimited, she worked at nonprofits that specialized in elder care and immigrant family issues. She has a bachelor’s degree in business administration, specializing in accounting and computers, from California State University - Stanislaus and a master’s degree from Bethel University.
Dana ScarlettDirector of Facilities
Dana Scarlett joined Tasks Unlimited in 1987. In his 30 years with Tasks Unlimited and the Fairweather Lodge model, Dana has served Tasks Unlimited in a variety of functions including assistant director of operations, lodge coordinator, job developer, and vocational supervisor. As Director of Facilities, Dana is responsible for purchasing and maintaining all of Tasks Unlimited properties, ensuring safe and well-maintained housing for all our tenants. He is a licensed Residential Remodeling Contractor in the state of Minnesota, and before working for Tasks, Dana was a licensed realtor and a restaurant owner/operator.
Dana HaysDevelopment Director
Dana Hays joined Tasks Unlimited as its development director in 2018, bringing nearly 20 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and grant management to the position. Before coming to Tasks Unlimited, Dana was the development director at Face to Face Health & Counseling Service, Inc., a nonprofit providing health services, and resources to underserved youth. Previous to becoming development director at Face to Face, Dana served in other positions there including managing public funding and overseeing data and evaluation.
Jacqueline McMillanDirector of Human Resources, MSHR, PHR, SHRM-CP
Jacqueline McMillan joined Tasks Unlimited in 2017 bringing more than 20 years human resources and benefits experience to the position. Before coming to Tasks Unlimited, Jacqueline was the Director of Human Resources at Fraser, Ltd., and Babcock & Brown New York. Jacqueline holds a master’s degree from Penn State in Human Resources–Employment Relations, is SHRM-CP and PHR certified, and is active in local, state, and national HR association boards of directors.
Jenna SchultzDirector of Contract Management
Jenna joined Tasks Unlimited in 2009, serving in various roles in our vocational services area, such as Jobs Training Program Coordinator and Vocational Area Manager. She started as the Director of Contract Management in 2020 and is responsible for the janitorial contracts, which are crucial to our ability to offer clients successful employment opportunities. She also oversees the supported employment program and vocational specialists that provide vocational services at our worksites. Jenna has a master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy and bachelor’s in Corrections and Sociology. She has previous experience in the mental health field having worked in a group home setting before coming to Tasks Unlimited.
Kassia JanezichDirector of Vocational Services
As Task Unlimited’s Director of Vocational Services, Kassia provides supervision and oversight for the Jobs Training Program (JTP), Job Placement Program (JPP) and Retention Services. In this role, she provides program oversight, including management of state contracts with Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS) and Extended Employment with DEED. Kassia has been with Tasks Unlimited for twelve years, working as a Mental Health Supervisor and a Lodge Coordinator before moving into her current position within the organization. She has served two consecutive terms on the Community Rehabilitation Advisory Committee, which was created by the State of Minnesota Vocational Rehabilitation Services to shape vocational policy. Kassia has her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Hamline University and is currently working to complete her Master’s in Public Administration at Hamline.
Board of Directors
- Lawton Cain, Secretary/Treasurer, Partner, Cain & Polson LLC
- Paula Callies, Owner, Callies Law PLLC
- Charles Christiansen, Executive Director (ret.), American Occupational Therapy Foundation
- Marianne Christiansen, Professor Emerita, Occupational Therapy Assistant Program, St. Catherine University
- Steve Erickson, Employee, Tasks Unlimited Building Services
- Larry Fraser, Employee, Tasks Unlimited Building Services
- Bryan Frandrup, Senior Vice President & Commercial Loan Officer, Choice Bank
- Kristine Haertl, PhD, OTR, FAOTA, Professor, Occupational Therapy, St. Catherine University
- Kim Herring, Senior Medical Device Sales Representative, B. Braun Interventional Systems, Inc.
- Greg Hestness, Chief of Police (ret.), University of Minnesota
- Fernando Johnson, Employee, Tasks Unlimited Building Services
- Elaine Love, Governmental Affairs Manager (ret.), Farmers Insurance Group
- Michael Maus, PhD, Psychologist, Emeritus
- J. Paul Seifert, Marketing Executive (ret.)
- Rodger Skare, Immediate Past Chair, Director of Appraisal Services, TaTonka R.E. Advisors | RLS Valuation, Inc.
- Kyle Van Acker, Workforce Development Manager, Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
- William E. Walsh, MD, CMI, Dept. of Otolaryngology, Hennepin Healthcare